Thursday, February 09, 2006

Rush Limbaugh's Oxycontin

Rush Limbaugh's Oxycontin abuse was a big topic some time ago. My feeling is that Limbaugh's drug abuse demonstrated both what a hypocrite he is for suggesting harsher treatment for others than for himself and more importantly how his hapless listeners were not outraged by the whole episode (though I suppose it's a bit silly to think people who swallow his BS are suddenly going to adopt great critical thinking skills). Loyalty in the face of a friend's challenges is a virtue, but loyalty in the face of deceit and hypocrisy is just...pitiful.

I should caveat this by saying I didn't follow the whole thing carefully - maybe, just maybe, he was repentant enough to fall into the category of Bill Clinton's Lewinsky apologies... of course Limbaugh never accepted Clinton's transgressions as anything but close to treason so ...

I'm bringing it up now mainly to test an experiment with blog postings. However, I will say his rantings are always fun and sometimes even educational, though I fear that people like Rush, Sean Hannity, and Mike Moore downgrade the national dialog to such an extent that there is a type of damage to the national psyche that is hard to define. One only needs to listen to GW and Tony Blair talk about the same exact thing to know that even at the pinnacle of global politics the American intellectual experience....leaves much to be desired.

OK, so now I have a post called "Rush Limbaugh's Oxycontin". I shall follow with another post referencing this one using the phrase "Rush Limbaugh's Oxycontin" and see if I show up for that in a few days. I also want to see if this post affects the listings for "Oxycontin", a valuable search term. I'm skeptical of that possibility for reasons I'll discuss later.

JoeDuck's Blog

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Kim Adam and i would like to show you my personal experience with Oxycontin.

I have taken for 3 years. I am 23 years old. I think it is the best pain killer there is. Although it's coming very abused, I think that it is a very powerful reliever and that more doctors should look into it for pain relief.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
mild dependency and constipation

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Kim Adam

Monday, November 24, 2008 11:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home