Thursday, February 09, 2006

Rush Limbaugh's Oxycontin, SEO, and this Blog

Excuse me but I had to throw in two quick posts about Rush Limbaugh's Oxycontin because I'm really curious about how blog posts are indexed by the search engines for "valuable" terms like those relating to drugs and also for fairly unique phrases such as Rush Limbaugh's Oxycontin

I've been amazed at how fast the content of this blog makes it into Google - usually within a few days. I was assuming that Google applied "nofollow" to the blog links - ie does not give them value in the web at large, but then I remembered that Matt Cutts changed his link to Jeremy Zawodny when JZ started showing paid links, and this indicates that links out from a blog really do matter.

So, if you follow this link you'll hear how I feel about Rush Limbaugh's Oxycontin

I'm also providing this link to real info from the Federal Drug Administration about Oxycontin in case you need to know!

JoeDuck's Blog

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Main said...

You are using Blogger, which is Google-owned, so it is possible that this leads to both faster indexing and less link weight.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home